Thursday 9 August 2012

Busy day.

The effects of the Vinchristine seem to have worn off today. I haven't needed a nap.

Lauren and I popped out this afternoon to The Pig Place out at Nell Bridge. I wanted to do something and to drive a bit, but I didn't want to overdo it. So it was ideal. 15 minutes in the car, a pleasant walk by the canal, an ice cream and a chat with the proprietor about his classic cars. He used to own a Skoda Estelle!

The Macmillan nurse came to see us all at lunch time, seems like a nice person and can offer some useful support with all sorts of things. The customer care consultant in me says "oh no, another point of contact", but they are all doing the best they can with the resources they have available. I suppose things could be a lot worse, the NHS could have outsourced care to a call centre in Asia somewhere.

I have cooked tea two days running, so I can't be off my food. If anything, I am eating like a horse. Yesterday it was Sausage Pasta Bake and today it was Turkey and Ham with roasted veg in a white wine and cheddar sauce. Impressive eh?


Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment