Sunday 23 December 2012

Home before Hotel Churchill

I knew one day I would spend Christmas in a hotel being waited on hand and foot. Just didn't expect it to be Hotel Churchill and accompanied by chemotherapy.  HoHum.

Great weekend in Dorset.  Frank cooked us a huge Christmas dinner with turkey and all the trimmings followed by Christmas pudding, mince pies and cheese and biscuits.  He had a great looking bit of Stilton, but us Chemo victims aren't allowed mouldy food.  Proper family do with us, Frank, Lauren and Ian, Mike Jess and Ash.  We pulled crackers, wore silly hats and generally had a good time.

Went out to Portland Bill this morning before coming home.  I took some pictures and will try to post them later, but I can't get them off my blackberry at the moment as I have an out of date version of the software on my netbook.  Good journey home, in convoy with Lauren and Ian to Oxford when they stayed on the A34 to head home. 

All set for tomorrow, bag packed, need to go to Sainsbury's for some supplies.  I will ring the ward at 8:00 to see what time they want me there.  Sharon is dog walking at 8:00 so we will be on an early start anyway.

1 comment: