Saturday 6 July 2013

It's Summer

Right, no moaning it's too hot, no complaining about sun burn and no wingeing about the lack of rain for the garden.  It is summer and I am enjoying the glorious weather.  Feels so much nicer to have some warmth on my back.  The sun is shining and I am smiling.

The second week of chemo has passed uneventfully, apart from the phone call I got about 11:00 am Friday morning from the Brodey Centre.  They were expecting me at 10:00 am, but LIZ HAD WRITTEN IT DOWN AS 13:30 in my appointment book.  Anyway, I walked straight over and they got on with it.  Liz apologised.  I knew I hadn't got it wrong, I don't get things like that wrong.  I have also got all my appointments for the next cycle and have tried to get in touch with Dr Pratap to make sure the prescription is done early and I can collect it next Friday.  It will be so much easier if I can get everything to go smoothly.

I have had a look at chemo dates and I will still be on chemo for the MGCC Autumn Trial and The MCC Edinburgh.  But there is nothing in the regs says I can't compete whilst on chemo, so entries will go in for both.  Andy is threatening to pick the Skoda up this weekend, once he has it in the workshop I can start building it, with everyone's assistance.  So there are some September and October targets.

I had a good look round on the internet for a canal boat in August and have found plenty.  So this week I think I will book something on The Llangollen for the week of 19th.  Only 4 days, but that is long enough to do the whole canal, which includes a tunnel and The Pontcysyllte Aqueduct.  We have done it before, but it is my favourite and has been part of my life's memories.  I can remember stopping on the A5 to look at it as a small boy on trips to North Wales.  I can remember stopping on the A5 to look at it as a young man taking my first MG to Snowdonia and I remember stopping to look at it in the Land Rover on Welsh laning trips.  We went over it a few years ago when we did the Llangollen, it was as spectacular as I expected.  Sitting on the stern of a narrow boat with nothing between you and the Dee Valley, 126ft below, is breathtaking.  The fact that Telford built it in the early 1800s, before the internal combustion engine was invented, makes it even more magnificent.

Had a long phone chat with John Matchett, my old boss, today.  He is in the JR recovering from an operation.  He too has cancer and has a similar prognosis to me.  We agreed we will both fight on whilst there is still a tomorrow.  We also agreed that what we have had, hasn't been bad.  So be thankful for what you have, when you have it, live everyday to the fullest you can and always look forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment