Monday 30 July 2012

First Impressions

The Churchill Hospital is a fabulous place.  I have been here a few times now and its bright airy atmosphere makes it a pleasant place to be ill.  The Oncology Ward staff are bright a friendly.  The task of explaining the somewhat depressing side affects of the Chemo drugs fell to Becky and Ali.  It cant be easy to tell someone they are going to feel pretty awful, have constipation, diarrhoea, skin rashes, weird tastes and generally feel like shit.  But they did it well.   They also did a great job of filling me full of Chemo drugs.  In fact if they hadnt told me Ali was being trained I wouldn't have known.

The side effects haven't started yet.  So I am filling in some time by starting this blog.  Side effects permitting I will keep it up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment